Amazon.com Inc. has revealed its ambitious plan to foster talent and close the artificial intelligence (AI) skills gap in the tech industry. The multinational corporation is set to launch a program called “AI Ready,” aiming to train a substantial number of workers in AI and equip them with the knowledge and skills required to thrive in this rapidly evolving field. This move comes as Amazon recognizes the need to compete with industry giants like Microsoft, Google, and others for AI talent, as reported by the Wall Street Journal.
With the goal of training at least 2 million people in basic to advanced AI skills by 2025, the “AI Ready” program will cover a wide range of topics, including the utilization of generative AI technology that has revolutionized language-based models like ChatGPT. By equipping individuals with the expertise to harness the power of AI, Amazon aims to bolster its own AI initiatives and keep pace with its competitors.
Recognizing that AI technology is as transformative as it is complex, the program will be structured as an eight-step training curriculum. Participants will start from the basics of AI and gradually advance to more intricate concepts. Through a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical exercises, individuals will gain a comprehensive understanding of AI’s applications across various industries.
1. What is the purpose of Amazon’s “AI Ready” program?
– The program aims to train workers in AI skills to bridge the talent gap and compete with industry rivals.
2. How many people does Amazon plan to train by 2025?
– The company aims to train at least 2 million individuals in AI skills by 2025.
3. What areas will the program cover?
– The “AI Ready” program will cover a broad range of AI skills, including the use of generative AI technology.
4. How will the program be structured?
– The program will comprise eight steps, starting from basic AI knowledge and progressively advancing to more advanced concepts.