The Maruti Suzuki Swift has been a popular choice among hatchback enthusiasts since its debut in 2005. With each passing year, the Swift has undergone several updates and iterations, consistently appealing to both young and family buyers in the Indian market.
Looking ahead, Suzuki recently unveiled the next-generation Swift concept at the Tokyo Motor Show, giving us a glimpse of what to expect from the upcoming 2024 model. Here are five significant changes that await us in the new Suzuki Swift:
1. Dimensions: The upcoming 2024 Swift is built on an improved version of the Heartect platform, which is already in use for many Suzuki models in India. As a result, the dimensions of the Swift have grown, making it longer at 3860 mm, but slightly narrower and shorter compared to its current generation.
2. ADAS Features: The new Swift might become the first car in its segment to offer Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) features. While it is uncertain whether these features will be available in the India-spec version, the test mules have been spotted with provisions for ADAS. This suite includes features like Dual Sensor Brake Support, Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keep Supporting Function, and more, significantly enhancing safety during highway driving.
3. Redesigned Interiors: Compared to the current version, the 2024 Swift will showcase completely redesigned interiors. Expect a layered dashboard with a glossy finish, an updated center console, and a new floating-type touchscreen infotainment system. The inclusion of seat covers with a geometric pattern adds a touch of premium elegance.
4. All-new Z-Series Engine: The upcoming Swift will come equipped with an all-new engine. Codenamed Z12, this 1.2-liter, 3-cylinder engine will replace the current 1.2-liter, 4-cylinder K-Series engine. It promises improved low-end torque, making city driving more effortless, while also delivering enhanced efficiency and driving performance.
5. CVT and Strong Hybrid: Reports suggest that the 2024 Swift will offer a strong hybrid version, pairing a 1.2-liter engine with a 48V electric motor for better fuel economy. This version is expected to return around 30 kmpl, making it an attractive choice for eco-conscious buyers. Additionally, the Swift strong hybrid version will be equipped with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) as standard.
As we await the official launch of the new Suzuki Swift in India, these exciting updates indicate a promising future for this beloved hatchback. With enhanced dimensions, advanced safety features, stylish interiors, a new engine, and the introduction of a strong hybrid variant, the 2024 Swift is set to impress enthusiasts across the country.
1. Will the new Swift be available in India?
Yes, the upcoming 2024 Swift is expected to be launched in India next year.
2. What are the key changes in the new Swift?
The new Swift will feature increased dimensions, potential ADAS features, redesigned interiors, an all-new engine, and a strong hybrid version with a CVT gearbox.
3. What is the expected fuel economy of the strong hybrid version?
The strong hybrid version of the Swift is anticipated to achieve around 30 kmpl.
4. Is the new engine more efficient than the current one?
Yes, the all-new Z-Series engine is designed to provide better efficiency and driving performance compared to the current K-Series engine.
(If available: [Suzuki India](https://www.suzuki.com))