PARSIPPANY, N.J., Nov. 15, 2023 /PRNewswire/ – According to a recent survey conducted by the Green Giant brand, Friendsgiving is growing in popularity among Americans. The survey findings reveal that nearly half of the Americans surveyed plan to attend at least one Friendsgiving event this year, indicating a shift in holiday traditions.
The survey, which gathered responses from 1,000 consumers, also highlighted some interesting insights:
– Friendsgiving is seen as a more enjoyable holiday by many – 60% of the surveyed participants who celebrate Friendsgiving stated that they find it much more fun than Thanksgiving. Surprisingly, 24% of those who have never participated in Friendsgiving regarded it as the more exciting holiday.
– Americans are investing in Friendsgiving – Almost 50% of the surveyed consumers mentioned that they plan to spend more than $75 on Friendsgiving this year, with 25% of them indicating a spending budget of over $100.
– Friendsgiving is gaining traction – 17% of respondents shared that they would be celebrating Friendsgiving for the first time in 2023.
– Veggies take the spotlight – Nearly half of the surveyed individuals expressed their intention to bring a vegetable dish as part of their contributions to Friendsgiving this year. Green Bean Casserole topped the list at 26%, followed by Corn Casserole at 32%.
This rise in popularity of Friendsgiving comes on the back of the recent Green Giant campaign, where beloved brand mascots came together to celebrate Friendsgiving in support of No Kid Hungry.
To commemorate the Friendsgiving season, the Green Giant brand has pledged a donation to No Kid Hungry, ensuring that children across the country have access to three healthy meals a day. For every dollar donated to No Kid Hungry, 10 meals* can be provided to vulnerable children.
For those interested in hosting their own Friendsgiving celebrations, they can sign up with No Kid Hungry to turn their events into fundraisers. By doing so, they will receive tools and ideas to help raise funds for No Kid Hungry. The Green Giant brand will also contribute $1 to No Kid Hungry for every Friendsgiving sign-up between November 8, 2023, and November 30, 2023, with a total minimum donation of $25,000 and a maximum donation of $35,000.
For more information or to sign up to host your own Friendsgiving fundraiser to benefit No Kid Hungry, visit GreenGiantFriendsgiving.com.
*Your donations help support programs that feed kids; No Kid Hungry® does not provide individual meals. Learn more at NoKidHungry.org/OneDollar.
1. What is Friendsgiving?
Friendsgiving is a blend of the words “Friends” and “Thanksgiving.” It refers to a Thanksgiving-like celebration among friends, typically held on a date close to or on Thanksgiving Day.
2. How popular is Friendsgiving?
According to the Green Giant survey findings, Friendsgiving is increasing in popularity, with almost half of the Americans surveyed planning to attend at least one Friendsgiving event this year.
3. How much do Americans spend on Friendsgiving?
Approximately half of the consumers surveyed shared that they plan to spend more than $75 on Friendsgiving, with a quarter of them indicating a budget of more than $100.
4. What kind of dishes do people bring to Friendsgiving?
A majority of the surveyed individuals mentioned their intention to bring a vegetable dish to Friendsgiving. The most popular vegetable dishes mentioned were Green Bean Casserole and Corn Casserole.
5. How can I contribute to No Kid Hungry during Friendsgiving?
By signing up with No Kid Hungry and hosting your own Friendsgiving fundraiser, you can receive tools and ideas to help raise funds for the organization. Additionally, the Green Giant brand will make a donation for every sign-up between November 8, 2023, and November 30, 2023, with a minimum total donation of $25,000 and a maximum total donation of $35,000.